GUIDELINE FOR INTERNATIONAL APPLICANTS
We welcome and accept international students who are eager to learn photographic art. All classes are taught in Japanese.
Department for International applicants
|Department||Enrollment limit||Enrollment period||Class days and hours|
|Photographic Art Primary||30||3 year||Monday to Friday
|Photographic Art Primary Basic||15||2 year||Monday to Friday
How to evaluate international applicants
- General admission: Application forms and Interview
- Special school recommendation: Application forms.
※Details on Special school recommendation, click here.
Eligibility for International applicants
- For those who satisfy at least one of the following conditions.
- For those who possess Educational Diploma of 12 year in Foreign Country
- For those who are determined to be equivalent of above qualification by Minister of Education and Science
- For those who are 18 years old or above and receive an international baccalaureate degree issued by International Baccalaureate Institution that is determined by Swiss Burgerliches Gesetzbuch
- For those who are determined to be equivalent of high school graduate by us
- For those who have certificate of Japanese ability exam Level N2 or above issued by Japan Student Services Organization or those who are determined to be equivalent of these ability
- For those who possess or are eligible to obtain the residence visa status for “student” by Immigration Bureau of Japan
Required documents and application fees
- Application form and examination admission card which is attached in school application brochure page 8
- Special School Recommendation Letter
- (only for those who qualify this status. )
This letter is issued for those who are determined to qualify school criteria by school principle at the school or regional orientation interview
- (For General applicants)
Please choose one topic for your essay from below.
Up to 1600 Japanese characters. Write with pen. (Pencil is not allowed)
A. What you like and dislike about digital and analog photography
B. Your commemorative photograph that recaptures your mind
C. Internet and Photography
- Foreign applicants’ questionnaire
- (attached in school brochure)
One of the following certificate
- High School Diploma Certificate and its transcript
- International Baccalaureate Diploma and its itemized Transcript
- Certificate of Conformance for High school equivalency exam and its itemized Transcript
If 1.2.3 documents are written in foreign language, please attach translation in Japanese. The translation must be notarized by Embassy of Japan or its equivalent organization or Japanese language school which you graduated from.
If you submit copies of Transcript and Diploma, you are asked to bring the original documents with you and we will verify them. If you can’t bring them, you need to issue “certificate of The Original” instead.
- Certificate and Transcript of Japan Language Proficiency Test level N2 or above.
- If you haven’t taken Japanese Language Proficiency Test Level N2 or above yet, submit Certificate and Transcript of Japanese Language Intermediate Course at Authorized Japanese Language schools and “Japanese ability certificate” attached in school brochure.
- 2 photos
- (front and upper body 3cm wide x4cm high, taken within 3 month)
Attach them on both application form and Foreign applicants’ questionnaire Form.
- Examination fee:
- 15,000JPY (If you wire the money, remit it to Japan Post Bank Account)